Welcome to the home of the best How-to guides for your Samsung Galaxy needs. In today’s article, We will go over the Dolby Atmos. If you’re wondering What is Dolby Atmos and how to enable it on Samsung Galaxy smartphones?
What is Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos is a surround sound technology designed specifically to create a 3D effect in movie mode. She appeared in the cinema, and then, of course, began to actively take root in televisions and home theaters. With the debut of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9 Plus, Dolby Atmos has become part of South Korean brand mobile devices.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Tips and Tricks or Hidden Features
- Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus Camera Features
- How to use a Split screen on Samsung Galaxy S10
- How to use Wireless Power Share in Galaxy S10 Phones
- How To Enable Lift To wake Feature In Samsung Galaxy S10
- How does work Galaxy S10’s Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner?
Plus technology is that it can improve the sound not only in the headphones but also the speakers of smartphones. Its improvement has led to the fact that now you can make the sound more rich not only in movies and games but also in music. As a result, Dolby Atmos chip appeared on the latest series of smartphones Galaxy A, Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S10 (including Galaxy S10e and S10 Plus).
Many people know that many Galaxy devices have Dolby Atmos on board, but not everyone can turn it on and configure it. Strange, because there is nothing difficult in this, although users unfamiliar with the features of Android often cannot figure it out without detailed guidance.
How to enable
Do not worry, all you need is a few simple steps. Follow the step by step guide and you will succeed:
- Find “Settings” in the list of all applications.
- Select options for adjusting sounds and vibrations.
- If you have an S10 series smartphone, then tap on the advanced sound settings, and then select ” Sound quality and effects ” from the list. There will be an option ” Dolby Atmos “, which must be activated by tapping the switch opposite.
- If you have another Galaxy smartphone, then you need to enable this feature in the “Sound quality and effects” submenu.
Dolby Atmos is on, but that’s not all. Now you need to configure, although you can leave its default settings. Regardless of which Galaxy model you have, there are four settings available: automatic, Movie, Music, and Voice. Choose your preferred and all (save the settings is not required).
In case you frequently turn Dolby Atmos on and off, the manufacturer has provided a separate button on the switch panel. Lower the curtain and you will see there an icon with the inscription “Dolby Atmos”, and if it is lit in blue, then the function is activated.
- How to enable dark mode on Galaxy S10 Devices
- How to Enable Pin Windows Feature in Galaxy S10
- Best Apps for Samsung Galaxy S10 Series
- How to Hide Front Camera in Galaxy S10 Series
- Best Cases for Galaxy S10 Plus
- Galaxy S10 Plus receiving its first update
- How to enable Lockdown mode in Galaxy S10 Devices
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10+ & Galaxy S10 Camera cutout wallpapers
- How to enable Always On Display in Galaxy S10 Devices
- Samsung Galaxy S10 display – the best on the market
- How To Schedule The Auto Restart Feature On Galaxy S10
How to enable specifically for games
As mentioned above, Dolby Atmos technology can be used to improve the sound in games. In fact, after activating this additional option, you will immediately notice the difference, not even in the highest-quality headphones. Unfortunately, it is not available on all models.
- In the phone settings, go to the ” Sounds and Vibration ” submenu.
- For the Galaxy S10, first, open the Advanced Sound A Settings submenu, and then go to Sound Quality and Effects, and next to Dolby Atmos should be the option Dolby Atmos for games. For users of other Samsung phones, open the sound and vibration settings, and then in “ Sound quality and effects ” find and activate the sound enhancement in games.