On March 8, Google said that the latest version of the Chrome M99 browser is faster and more responsive than Safari , even on Apple’s own Mac platform.
According to Google, its browser is the fastest on the M1 Mac, about 7% faster than Safari in benchmarks alone; while the Chrome M99 also set a speed record of 300 points in a benchmark created by the Apple WebKit team . Google notes that it tested it on a 14-inch MacBook Pro with a 10-core M1 Max chip and 64 GB of RAM, and then repeated the test on a 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro with 16 GB of RAM.
- Solve the lack of storage space Google develops “App Archiving” function for Android
- Apple, Microsoft, Google all fail: products cannot be repaired
- Google: Chrome’s latest version is faster than Apple’s latest Safari
- Google Chrome 100 Beta Release: Marks the End of User-Agent Strings
- Google Maps shuts down Ukraine’s live traffic feature to protect local users
Chrome ran 252 times per minute, plus or minus 8.6, while Safari had 185, plus or minus 46. There’s about a 30% difference on average, but there’s also a lot of variability in Safari.