You will be able to Learn How to Install TWRP Recovery And Root OnePlus 5t. Today we are here with Detail guide on OnePlus 5t. this all process one by one that easy to understand.
1. INSTALLING CUSTOM ROMS
After rooting your OnePlus 5t. , you can flash a custom ROM or Kernel, which means you can have a new device.
2. REMOVE PREINSTALLED CRAPWARE
The manufacturer won’t allow you to uninstall those preinstalled apps on your OnePlus 5t. Rooting a device can make them removed easily, which ensures a high running quality.
3. BLOCKING ADS IN ANY APPS
Sick of the pop-up ads when playing games? A rooted device can remove these annoying ads immediately.
4. INSTALL INCOMPATIBLE APPS
Some wonderful apps need the root access if you install them on your OnePlus 5t. Root your phone, enjoy more apps.
5. KEEP LATEST ANDROID OS
A rooted Android can get the new OS months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features.
6. CHANGE SKIN FOR YOUR ANDROID
As you can see, there is only 3 to 4 default skin on your OnePlus 5t. to change. But if you root your phone and install the new ROMs, you can enjoy the customized and tweaked skins on your device.
7. BOOST YOUR ANDROID DEVICE’S SPEED AND BATTERY LIFE
Some powerful apps like Greenify can close the useless applications automatically, which can effectively improve your device’s performance. Of course, Greenify needs root access.
8. MAKE COMPLETE BACKUPS OF YOUR OnePlus 5t
An unrooted Android phone can only backup some settings and apps for your device. Titanium can be used on a rooted device to give you a complete backup.
1. ROOT CAN BRICK YOUR OnePlus 5t
Compared with an unrooted Android device, the rooted one faces a common threat from mis-operation and sometimes you may turn your Android device into a brick.
Avoid this risk: Just download apps from a reliable place like Google play, and, do not delete the files if the files are suggested not to delete by rooting apps.
2. SAY GOOD-BYE TO THE WARRANTY
The Android device manufacturers will not cover the damage after you rooting your OnePlus 5t. For some brand, we can unroot the device after rooting, so, the manufacturers don’t know if you have rooted your Android device or not. But to make matters worse, Android device manufacturers also go to great lengths to know if your OnePlus 5t. has been rooted!
3. PROBLEMS WITH UPDATES
Sometimes you root the Android phone to get latest OS but after rooting, you may find that the automatic updates to the firmware stopped. Updates fail to install due to software modifications that occurred while the distribution has been rooted.
BACKUP YOUR OnePlus 5t TO PC BEFORE ROOTING
- Connect your OnePlus 5t. to a Windows computer.
- Click on the Open folder to view files option when AutoPlay popup on the PC.
- Copy and paste the files and folders you want from Android phone to the PC.
Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5T
- Power off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power button together on your smartphone until it boots into fastboot mode.
- Connect it to your PC via a USB cable and make sure the cable has been connected properly.
- Now go to the ADB installation folder on your PC. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot)
- Type in cmd in the address bar and hit enter to open a command prompt window in the folder.
- Now let’s see if your device is properly connected to your PC. To do this, type the command given below and hit enter.
- If your device is connected, you will see your phone’s serial number and if you don’t, you should check if you have installed all the required drivers.
- Type the command below to unlock your bootloader if your device is detected. Remember this will wipe everything on your phone.
fastboot oem unlock
- On your phone, you will be warned about unlocking the bootloader, press the Volume Up button to highlight Yes and the Power button to select it.
- When your device reboots, power it off again and boot into recovery mode. To do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together for a few seconds.
- In the stock OnePlus recovery, wipe all user data and then power off your device again.
Install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Open a command window in the ADB installation folder again in case you have closed the previous one.
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode and connect it to your PC.
- Enter the following command to flash the TWRP image file.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- When the flashing is complete which should take a few seconds, don’t reboot your phone using any fastboot commands. Instead, manually disconnect your phone and then boot into Recovery using the Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Your phone should boot into TWRP recovery this time.
- Swipe to allow modifications if asked.
Root OnePlus 5T
- Now that your OnePlus 5T has TWRP recovery installed you can root it.
- Users who wish to decrypt their device, download the latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip and transfer it to your phone along with SuperSU or Magisk. Then go to Wipe > Format Data and type Yes when asked if you want to mount internal storage. Those who wish their OnePlus 5 to remain encrypted can ignore this step.
- Download and transfer SuperSU or Magisk from the download section and transfer the files to your phone over the MTP connection.
- Select Install from the TWRP main menu.
- Navigate to the SuperSU or Magisk file that you’ve previously transferred to your phone and select it.
- Swipe to flash the file.
- You will see a Reboot system button at the bottom one the flashing is complete, tap on it.
- Your device will reboot and when it does, you should see the SuperSU or Magisk Manager app in your app drawer and check that you have proper root access.
I hope to use to understand all tutorial on how to how to Root Oneplus 5t Smartphone. If you have any problem then ask in the comment box. We can solve your problem.