you can easily Install Twrp recovery & Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. In this guide. we will show you how to Root Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 9 ROM. This method works on Redmi note 5 which is running on any MIUI 9 version.
After you root your Redmi Note 4 you will be able to Install Best custom ROMs for Android on your smartphone. There are some apps that need root access so after you root your smartphone you will be able to use all apps on your Phone. some app does not access without root your phone so after root, you can use all app.
After you root your Redmi Note 4 the warranty of smartphone will be voided however you can gain it back by unrooting your smartphone. There are some apps on an android system which if deleted can make your device unresponsive so make sure you don’t edit system files without knowledge.
BACKUP YOUR Redmi Note 4 TO PC BEFORE ROOTING
- Connect your Redmi Note 4 to a Windows computer.
- Click on the Open folder to view files option when AutoPlay popup on the PC.
- Copy and paste the files and folders you want from Android phone to the PC.
BACKUP Redmi Note 4 SMARTPHONE DATA BEFORE ROOTING USING GOOGLE
AutoPlay only allows you to backup media files, so what will you do if you want to backup other data such as contacts, calendars, app data, even Wi-Fi passwords and some phone settings? Don’t worry! Google provides the service of backing up all these data on your Android devices with Google account.
- Tap on the phone’s “Settings” and tap on “Backup and reset”.
- Here check both “Back up my data” and “Automatic restore”. Then, tap on “Backup Account” and add your Google account.
- Now, go to “Settings” again and go to tap “Google” under “ACCOUNTS”. Choose your Android data which you would like to be synced.
Download Files to Root Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 9
a) Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi note 4 here. Rename the recovery file to recovery.img. And place the file in the ADB folder that you created at the time of ADB and Fastboot drivers installation.
b) Download the SuperSu zip to get the Root Access on the phone – Download here and save it in your phone’s internal memory.
Process of Root Redmi note 4
if you want to root your root Redmi note4 then you follow three important steps.
Unlocking Bootloader: First we need to unlock the bootloader, which will allow installation of custom software (TWRP). If you already done that then leave the unlocking steps and go to the TWRP guide.
Installing TWRP Custom Recovery: We need to install the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Through TWRP we can flash SupperSU file to get the root access.
Root Redmi Note 4: Final step, just flash the SuperSU zip file and root the Redmi note 4 running on the MIUI 9 or MIUI 8 ROM.
How to unlock Bootloader
1. Visit the MiUnlock page, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader unlock with proper reason.
2. Once you got the permission to unlock your phone. Follow this guide to unlock the bootloader on your phone.
How to install TWRP Recovery
1. Open the ADB folder on your PC in which you saved the recovery.img file.
2. Now connect your Redmi Note 4 to PC with USB cable by enabling USB Debugging (Go to Settings > About Device > Tap on Build Number 7 times. Return to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging)
3. Now run the command prompt windows in ADB folder. To do this press and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4. Now boot your phone is fastboot mode and connect it to the PC. Press and holdVol Down and power button to boot into fastboot mode.
5. Run the below command in the command windows to check if everything is setup well. It will return serial code with connected devices.
6. Now time to flash the TWRP on the phone. Enter the following command and hit enter.
7. Now the TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now boot your phone in TWRP mode.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
1. Now your phone is in the TWRP recovery mode. On the main screen, you will some messages. Select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allows modification.
2. Click on Install and locate the SuperSU Root file that you saved on your phone.
3. Swipe to confirm installation of SuperSU Root file in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache. Now reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
5. You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with the latest SuperSU file.
6. To check Root status, you can use any Root Checker App from Playstore. If you have any doubts, you can ask me in the comment section.
I hope to use to understand all tutorial on how to how to Root Redmi Note 4 Smartphone. If you have any problem then ask in the comment box. We can solve your problem. If you liked this post share it on social (Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus) media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!