you can easily Install Twrp recovery & Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. In this guide. we will show you how to Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro on MIUI 9 ROM.
1. Installing Custom ROMs
After rooting your device, you can flash a custom ROM or Kernel, which means you can have a new device.
2. Remove Preinstalled Crapware
The manufacturer won’t allow you to uninstall those preinstalled apps on your device. Rooting a device can make them removed easily, which ensures a high running quality.
3. Blocking Ads in Any Apps
Sick of the pop-up ads when playing games? A rooted device can remove these annoying ads immediately.
4. Install Incompatible Apps
Some wonderful apps need the root access if you install them on your device. Root your phone, enjoy more apps.
5. Keep Latest Android OS
A rooted Android can get the new OS months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features.
6. Change Skin for your Android
As you can see, there is only 3 to 4 default skin on your device to change. But if you root your phone and install the new ROMs, you can enjoy the customized and tweaked skins on your device.
7. Boost your Android Device’s Speed and Battery Life
Some powerful apps like Greenify can close the useless applications automatically, which can effectively improve your device’s performance. Of course, Greenify needs root access.
8. Make Complete Backups of Your Android Phone or Tablet
An unrooted Android phone can only backup some settings and apps for your device. Titanium can be used on a rooted device to give you a complete backup.
1. Root can Brick Your Device
Compared with an unrooted Android device, the rooted one faces a common threat from mis-operation and sometimes you may turn your Android device into a brick.
Avoid this risk: Just download apps from a reliable place like Google play, and, do not delete the files if the files are suggested not to delete by rooting apps.
2. Say Good-Bye to the Warranty
The Android device manufacturers will not cover the damage after you rooting your device. For some brand, we can unroot the device after rooting, so, the manufacturers don’t know if you have rooted your Android device or not. But to make matters worse, Android device manufacturers also go to great lengths to know if your device has been rooted!
3. Problems with Updates
Sometimes you root the Android phone to get latest OS but after rooting, you may find that the automatic updates to the firmware stopped. Updates fail to install due to software modifications that occurred while the distribution has been rooted.
BACKUP YOUR Redmi 6 Pro TO PC BEFORE ROOTING
- Connect your Redmi 6 Pro to a Windows computer.
- Click on the Open folder to view files option when AutoPlay popup on the PC.
- Copy and paste the files and folders you want from Android phone to the PC.
BACKUP Redmi 6 Pro SMARTPHONE DATA BEFORE ROOTING USING GOOGLE
AutoPlay only allows you to backup media files, so what will you do if you want to backup other data such as contacts, calendars, app data, even Wi-Fi passwords, and some phone settings? Don’t worry! Google provides the service of backing up all these data on your Android devices with Google account.
- Tap on the phone’s “Settings” and tap on “Backup and reset”.
- Here check both “Back up my data” and “Automatic restore”. Then, tap on “Backup Account” and add your Google account.
- Now, go to “Settings” again and go to tap “Google” under “ACCOUNTS”. Choose your Android data which you would like to be synced.
Download Files to Root Redmi 6 Pro on MIUI 9
a) Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi 6 Pro here. Rename the recovery file to recovery.img. And place the file in the ADB folder that you created at the time of ADB and Fastboot drivers installation.
b) Download the SuperSu zip to get the Root Access on the phone – Download here and save it in your phone’s internal memory.
PROCESS OF ROOT Redmi 6 Pro
if you want to root your root Redmi 6 Proo then you follow three important steps.
Unlocking Bootloader: First we need to unlock the bootloader, which will allow installation of custom software (TWRP). If you already done that then leave the unlocking steps and go to the TWRP guide.
Installing TWRP Custom Recovery: We need to install the TWRP Recovery for Redmi 6 Pro. Through TWRP we can flash SupperSU file to get the root access.
Root Redmi 6 Pro: Final step, just flash the SuperSU zip file and root the Redmi 6 Pro running on the MIUI 9 or MIUI 8 ROM.
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
1. Visit the MiUnlock page, Sign in with your Mi ID and request for Bootloader unlock with proper reason.
2. Once you got the permission to unlock your phone. Follow this guide to unlock the bootloader on your phone.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY
1. Open the ADB folder on your PC in which you saved the recovery.img file.
2. Now connect your Redmi 6 Pro to PC with USB cable by enabling USB Debugging (Go to Settings > About Device > Tap on Build Number 7 times. Return to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging)
3. Now run the command prompt windows in ADB folder. To do this press and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4. Now boot your phone in fastboot mode and connect it to the PC. Press and hold Vol Down and power button to boot into fastboot mode.
5. Run the below command in the command windows to check if everything is set up well. It will return serial code with connected devices.
6. Now time to flash the TWRP on the phone. Enter the following command and hit enter.
7. Now the TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your phone. Now boot your phone in TWRP mode.
HOW TO ROOT XIAOMI Redmi 6 Pro
1. Now your Redmi 6 Pro is in the TWRP recovery mode. On the main screen, you will some messages. Select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allows modification.
2. Click on Install and locate the SuperSU Root file that you saved on your Redmi 6 Pro.
3. Swipe to confirm installation of SuperSU Root file in Redmi 6 Pro.
4. After the installation is completed, Clear Dalvik cache and Cache. Now reboot your Redmi 6 Pro.
5. You have successfully rooted your Redmi 6 Pro with the latest SuperSU file.
6. To check Root status, you can use any Root Checker App from Playstore. If you have any doubts, you can ask me in the comment section.
I hope to use to understand all article on How to Install Twrp recovery & Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. If you have any problem then ask in the comment box. We can solve your problem.
If you liked this post share it on social (Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr) media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!