You will be able to Learn How to Install TWRP Recovery And Root Razer Phone 2 using Magisk on Android Pie. Today we are here with Detail guide on Razer Phone 2.
1. INSTALLING CUSTOM ROMS
After rooting your Razer Phone 2, you can flash a custom ROM or Kernel, which means you can have a new device.
2. REMOVE PREINSTALLED CRAP WARE
The manufacturer won’t allow you to uninstall those pre-installed apps on your Razer Phone 2. Rooting a device can make them removed easily, which ensures a high running quality.
3. BLOCKING ADS IN ANY APPS
Sick of the pop-up ads when playing games? A rooted device can remove these annoying ads immediately.
4. INSTALL INCOMPATIBLE APPS
Some wonderful apps need the root access if you install them on your Razer Phone 2. Root your phone, enjoy more apps.
5. KEEP LATEST ANDROID OS
A rooted Android can get the new OS months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features.
6. CHANGE SKIN FOR YOUR ANDROID
As you can see, there is only 3 to 4 default skin on your Razer Phone 2 to change. But if you root your phone and install the new ROMs, you can enjoy the customized and tweaked skins on your device.
7. BOOST YOUR ANDROID DEVICE’S SPEED AND BATTERY LIFE
Some powerful apps like Greenify can close the useless applications automatically, which can effectively improve your device’s performance. Of course, Greenify needs root access.
8. MAKE COMPLETE BACKUPS OF YOUR Razer Phone 2
An unrooted Android phone can only backup some settings and apps for your device. Titanium can be used on a rooted device to give you a complete backup.
1. ROOT CAN BRICK YOUR Razer Phone 2
Compared with an unrooted Android device, the rooted one faces a common threat from mis-operation and sometimes you may turn your Android device into a brick.
Avoid this risk: Just download apps from a reliable place like Google play, and, do not delete the files if the files are suggested not to delete by rooting apps.
2. SAY GOOD-BYE TO THE WARRANTY
The Android device manufacturers will not cover the damage after you rooting your Razer Phone 2 For some brand, we can unroot the device after rooting, so, the manufacturers don’t know if you have rooted your Android device or not. But to make matters worse, Android device manufacturers also go to great lengths to know if your Motorola One and One Power have been rooted!
3. PROBLEMS WITH UPDATES
Sometimes you root the Android phone to get latest OS but after rooting, you may find that the automatic updates to the firmware stopped. Updates fail to install due to software modifications that occurred while the distribution has been rooted.
BACKUP YOUR Razer Phone 2 PRO TO PC BEFORE ROOTING
- Connect your Razer Phone 2 to a Windows computer.
- Click on the Open folder to view files option when AutoPlay popup on the PC.
- Copy and paste the files and folders you want from Android phone to the PC.
PRE-REQUISITES BEFORE YOU ROOT Razer Phone 2
- This Guide is only for Razer Phone 2 so don’t try this on any other device as this can brick your phone.
- Make sure your Phone has charged 60%.
- Now make a backup of all important files and contacts.
- That’s all!! Now you can Follow the procedure to root Razer Phone 2 without PC.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone 2
- Navigate to the folder where ADB and Fastboot is installed on your PC and press Shift + Right click. Thereafter select the option of ‘Open Command Window Here’ from the menu that pops up.
- Please connect your Razer Phone 2 to your PC.
- Enter the following command to know that your Razer Phone 2 is properly connected.
- adb devices
- Once you see your Razer Phone 2 after executing this command, it means your device is properly connected. Please type in the following command thereafter to reboot your Razer Phone 2 into Fastboot mode.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Once your Razer Phone 2 has entered into Fastboot mode, following command will help you to be certain about it.
- fastboot -i 0x1532 devices
- Post entering this command if your Razer Phone 2 is visible then type in the following command to start the process of unlocking bootloader for your device.
- fastboot -i 0x1532 flashing unlock
- Post entering the above command gives your confirmation by tapping on ‘Yes’ and your Razer Phone 2 will reboot once its bootloader is unlocked.
How to Root Razer Phone 2 using Magisk on Android Pie
- You must have downloaded the files mentioned above in the downloads section. You require to transfer those files to your Razer Phone 2 now.
- For the transfer to take place please key in the following commands in the command prompt window.
- adb push boot.img /sdcard
- adb push twrp-installer-3.2.1-0-cheryl.zip /sdcard
- adb push Magisk-v16.0.zip /sdcard
- adb reboot bootloader
- Now you are required to flash install the TWRP recovery on your device by typing in the following command.
- fastboot flash boot twrp-3.2.1-0-cheryl.img
- That’s it TWRP has been successfully installed on to your Razer Phone 2. Now make your device enter into recovery mode by switching off Razer Phone 2 device and rebooting it using the combination ‘Volume Up + Power.’
- Once into recovery mode select ‘Install’ from the TWRP menu and select boot.img file and swipe right to install it.
- After this again hit the ‘Install’ option and select TWRP Installer and swipe right to install it.
- Please reboot your Razer Phone 2 now and once your phone has rebooted enter the following command in the command window to re-enter into recovery mode.
- adb reboot recovery
- Now again select the ‘Install’ option and this time select the Magisk ZIP file and swipe right to install it.
- Now you have to install Magisk ZIP file to the second slot of your RRazer Phone 2 as well. You can verify for which slot you have done the installation right now by clicking on Reboot option from TWRP menu. Just select the option of Switch Slots and reboot into recovery mode once again.
- Now slots are successfully switched. Please install Magisk ZIP in this slot also just like you did above.
- We are done finally! Please reboot your Razer Phone 2 and finally, you will have an unlocked bootloader and Magisk will automatically grant root access to your Razer Phone 2.
- Now Done. Your Razer Phone 2 is Rooted.
I hope to use to understand all the article on How to Install TWRP Recovery And Root Razer Phone 2. If you have any problem then ask in the comment box. We can solve your problem.
If you liked this post share it on social (Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr) media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!