HUAWEI Mate 30 and Mate 30 Pro smartphones debuted without the built-in Google Play app store – but, as it turned out, this problem can be solved in a couple of minutes. Now the company has announced a new opportunity for flagship buyers – soon they will be able to use the usual Google services after a couple of simple manipulations. Here is How to install Google services on Mate 30 smartphones.
How to install Google services on Mate 30 smartphones
Unlocking the device’s bootloader is required to install the standard Google app package. Although the current policy of HUAWEI is aimed at blocking it, the situation will soon change.
“We limited [unlocking the bootloader] because we wanted to guarantee more security for consumers. But this time, we will give users more freedom so that they can perform more settings themselves, ”said Richard Yu, CEO of the company.
How exactly the unlocking process will be implemented, the company has not yet announced. Among the most common versions is the delivery of already unlocked devices or the publication of relevant instructions on the HUAWEI website. In any case, users will be able to install Google services and custom builds of Android on their smartphones.
How to Install Google Apps
- Download the Google Installer 3.0 APK (the latest version) from the official web on your computer.
- Go to the “Settings” on your mobile phone.
- Find the menu item “Security & Privacy” and select it.
- Taps “More Settings“.
- Enable “Download apps from external sources“.
- You will see a notification “Using apps from unknown sources will leave your device and personal data more vulnerable to security threats”. Tap “OK” to continue.
- Now connect your mobile phone to your PC and transfer the downloaded app to the “Downloads” folder on your smartphone. Then open the app “Files” on your phone.
- Then go to the folder “Downloads and Favorites“.
- Click the folder “Downloads”.
- Now you can see the “Google Installer APK” and tap on it.
- In the window that opens, select “Install”.
- After the installation is finished, the installed app opens. Tap “Install” to start installing Google services.
- It takes quite a while until the apps are installed.
- Once the installation is complete, you will find the Google Play Store on your Home screen. There you can install more Google apps like Gmail, Google Calendar, YouTube and so on.
- From the device’s web browser go to http://www.lzplay.net/.
- The site is in Chinese but just press the blue button (the only one there) to start the download of an APK.
- When the download is complete, start the downloaded APK installation. The service will download all the libraries and the necessary framework and, finally, the Play Store.
- Open the Play Store: if the authentication with your username and password is not successful, you need to restart the smartphone and try again.
- At this point, just install the Google apps (and anyone else’s) that you want.
For The Latest Activities And News Follow Our Social Media Handles: